Saturday, January 19, 2019

Password Security with LastPass

There is a ton of information available on good password practices and I wouldn't presume to have any new wisdom to add.  I found a good summary on Mental Floss and if you follow their suggestions you can greatly improve the security of your various devices.  

Specifically, I'd encourage you to consider suggestion #6, "Start Using A Password Manager".  I know the major browsers offer the option to remember and apply your passwords automatically but that doesn't help much if you use different browsers on different devices.  Using a password manager can integrate your information across multiple browsers and multiple devices, making it easier create and apply a unique and strong password for every site that requires a login.  Making your security convenient is the best way you can make your security more stronger.

I've been using LastPass as my password manager for nearly a decade and I highly recommend it.  Not only is it available for free with all the crucial features, it can also be expanded to serve your family members, your team, or your business at various paid levels of service.

No comments: